6 injured when HVAC equipment collapsed into resort pool in Aurora, Colorado!

Six people were injured on Saturday morning when the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment collapsed in the indoor pool area of the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center in Colorado, according to Aurora Fire Rescue. Two of the victims suffered life-threatening injuries, and all six were taken to hospitals. The department's Technical Rescue Team was dispatched to ensure that other firefighters worked in a safe environment, as hazards were present with the threat of ongoing falling debris and mechanical issues.

There were between 50 and 100 guests inside the pool area at the time of the incident, and multiple calls were received around 10 a.m. regarding the HVAC system's collapse. Aurora Fire Chief Alec Oughton praised his team for their rapid and effective response, saying they "train for this type of incident every day." CNN has reached out to the resort for comment.